Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Boating & Family Reunion Fun

We spent the 4th of July weekend with family playing on the beautiful flathead lake and staying at my parents cabin. It was so much fun!
While there we played lots of games, stayed up way too late, ate too much junk food, and greatly enjoyed it! :) We went to a restaurant where we ate some awesome fish and chips.
Of course the main even was boating, water skiing and wakeboarding.
I didn't get a picture of me wakeboarding but I threw one of Chase in here to represent:)
Dal absolutely loved the boat and Braely Rae had her first boat ride
Tiff & I (She is 7 months pregnant & has the cutest little tummy)
Dal, Chase & Jen were the front of the boat posse most of the time.
He had so much fun with them!

Hugs all around!
Dal went around giving hugs to everyone, especially after they skied, to help keep them warm. It was really cute! :)

The fun wasn't over yet. The next weekend we went to my mom 's family reunion camping at Downetta Hot Springs. It was Dal and Braelyn's first camping experience. Dal abosuletly loved camping! He has asked me to go every day since we got home.

The Reunion consisted of lots of games such as bocce ball, volleyball, football, etc. Each night we played Rook by lantern until all hours. We also had the annual family races. I competed in the women's age 16-30 division and I actually won the race. I overheard people comparing me to a gazelle. :) I was pretty proud of myself for winning, not that the competition was all that stiff, but hey I thought it was cool. Collin even has proof on video, for those skeptics out there :)

Dal had lots of fun playing with his cousins. We also went swimming in the hot springs and they had some fun water slides. Good times!
To finish off our weekend we went to Sandy to hear our Aunt and Uncle who were serving as mission presidents in Japan give their homecoming talks in church. It was so awesome to see them and hear about their experiences. It was so fun to see all of their family as well.
We just love the Hills!

5 comments:

Catherine said...

Why wasn't I invited? I love the Hills too! :)

Sounds like so much fun! I'm sooo jealous! I want to go camping with Dalyn. And I wouldn't have dared to go water skiing but I would have loved to pretend being cold so I could have gotten in an extra hug! :)

Elizabeth said...

Such cute pictures! Thanks for the recap; it's always so fun to get hear what you guys are up to. :)

The Wyler Family said...

so much fun! i'm glad you guys had such a good time. your kids are so cute. dalyn is such a sweetie!

elonna said...

It was good to see you! Summer is the best for being able to be with family.

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had fun! I love getting together with family, but it doesnt happen as often as I wished.