My mom has recently been diagnosed with breast cancer. It's so crazy, especially because recently I have been preparing for a career to work with cancer patients and I have seen a lot of them lately. It's just so weird to think that that is going to be my mom now-having to go through all of that. It's all a little bit scary but we have a lot of hope knowing that breast cancer is so treatable and she is only in stage 2. Just this past Tuesday she had her mastectomy surgery. Everything seemed to go okay. In about a month or so she will start chemotherapy. At this point they don't think she will have to do radiation therapy. I've been sharing some mind-body health tidbits for cancer patients with her that I learned while earning my degree :) and we've been helping her check out wig, scarf and hat options online and such to try to get prepared for what lies ahead. Mainly we've just been trying to give her our love and support.
I love my mom so much.
She is really amazing and strong and one of my very best friends.
Please remember her in your prayers if you can!
4 comments:
Our love and prayers are right there with you for your mom. I love you both and know that you are such a blessing for her right now.
We love you so much! My mind is so intriqued by the timing of her diagnosis and your involvment in that field. Heavenly Father works in mysterious ways. You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers.
What a trial and what a blessing that it can still be treated! Your mom is such a beautiful woman, please let her know that! She will be in our prayers for sure!
Give your mom my love and let her know that she's in our prayers! We are blessed with the treatments that are available...she will show strength for sure to all of you! I can imagine she is a wonderful lady being yur mom and all!
Post a Comment