We had a nice little Thanksgiving here in Texas just with our little family. I am right in the midst of tests and gettting ready for final exams so we thought it would be best to not try and travel anywhere.
We started out the morning by drawing pictures of things we were grateful for. The first thing that Dal thought of was Jesus so he drew a really cute picture of Jesus :) Then we got distracted with other things, but at least Jesus made the list.
Then we had a nice Thanksgiving dinner thanks to our wonderful chef/daddy/husband Jake. I assisted with whatever I could and we did a lot of prep the day before, but he was the master mind behind it all and it all turned out wonderful. It was funny because I had done some of the shopping and Jake told me cranberriers were on sale so I should get some. I thought he meant real cranberries, because they were also on sale. So I bought some real cranberries. Dal and I tasted one and couldn't believe how awful they tasted. You should have seen Dal's face :) So I made some homemade cranberry sauce (I think the first time I have ever tasted it homemade) and it actually turned out to be pretty tasty and fresh-like.
After our Thanksgiving dinner we went to the park for some football, soccer, and playing at the playground. It was great fun and it was nice to be outside. We got all bundled up because it was supposed to be kind of cold, but once we got out there we ended up shedding all of our warm stuff. We can't believe it's the end of November and the weather is still so nice!
After our Thanksgiving dinner we went to the park for some football, soccer, and playing at the playground. It was great fun and it was nice to be outside. We got all bundled up because it was supposed to be kind of cold, but once we got out there we ended up shedding all of our warm stuff. We can't believe it's the end of November and the weather is still so nice!
Here is the lovely turkey that Jake baked (that we got for $3.90) (and you can see my homemade cranberry sauce). He threw the pineapples near the end to keep it moist and for aesthetic appeal :)
1 comment:
So cute, Tasha! I'm impressed with the turkey and cranberry sauce. How nice to have good weather still.
Post a Comment