2011...Here we go! Our goal for this year is to survive :) Throughout 2011 I will have a lot of school and clinical hours with not very many days off and Jake will have a lot of long hours with the kids. We know that this year will bring a lot of learning, pushing ourselves, pain (for Jake) and finding joy in all of the little things that we can. One nice thing is that at the end of 2011 I will be down to one semester left in Radiation Therapy school :)
Actually we've decided that being in school isn't all that bad. I'm gone random hours and home random hours and even though I have to study some at home I do get to see the kids more now than I will when I have a full-time job. So we know that we need to enjoy these years and make the best of them. We try to plan a lot of family fun time (FHE, Friday night movie parties, game nights, park outings, etc) so that we all have something to look forward to every week when life starts to feel overwhelming.
Before 2011 really gets going I thought I'd share how we celebrated kicking it off.
My sister-in-law Cat hooked us up with the public library's Noon-Year's Eve Party. It included some pirate time, treasure chest prize choosing, snack time and some really fun dance party time. Dal loves dancing and has quite the dance moves (he liked to watch So You Think You Can Dance with us) I only captured a couple of his moves with this video clip but here you go...
Actually we've decided that being in school isn't all that bad. I'm gone random hours and home random hours and even though I have to study some at home I do get to see the kids more now than I will when I have a full-time job. So we know that we need to enjoy these years and make the best of them. We try to plan a lot of family fun time (FHE, Friday night movie parties, game nights, park outings, etc) so that we all have something to look forward to every week when life starts to feel overwhelming.
Before 2011 really gets going I thought I'd share how we celebrated kicking it off.
My sister-in-law Cat hooked us up with the public library's Noon-Year's Eve Party. It included some pirate time, treasure chest prize choosing, snack time and some really fun dance party time. Dal loves dancing and has quite the dance moves (he liked to watch So You Think You Can Dance with us) I only captured a couple of his moves with this video clip but here you go...
Braelyn liked to join in with the dancing time too
1 comment:
I had you for part of 2010 I hope I get to some how bump into you in 2011. Good luck with school and your inspirational. On a side note Happy birthday Dal!
Post a Comment