Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Pie, Zoo, Me & Dal date night & Cars

We kicked off our Spring break week on Monday with a free piece of pie at the discovery center. Because it was March 14th (3/14) they gave away free pie starting at 1:59 in honor of pi (which is 3.14159) I thought that was a cute ideaMonday is free day at the little Amarillo zoo so we took a jaunt over there to see the animals.



Tuesdays are $1 days at the movie theater so Dal and I went on a Mommy/Dal date night and went to the movies to see Tangled. It was a really cute show and we were really excited to be there.

This is what a picture looks like in the movie theater when you have your finger covering the flash :)

After the movie we went to the mall play area so that Dal could run around and pose for some pics

After playing at the play land we went to Albertsons and got some ice cream. I had stuck some spoons in my purse and when we got in the car Dal sat in the front seat and we ate some ice cream while we discussed the movie. He had a lot of questions about why certain things happened and he wanted further explanations on some things:) He had some great questions!
Once we got home we did a little photo shoot with the two of us. It was such a great night and we both had so much fun!




Today we went to Cadillac Ranch. This an Amarillo unique thing. There are a row of old Cadillacs stuck in the ground that people can come and spray paint to their hearts content. One of those places you really only care to go to once (especially with the wind blowing dirt everywhere) but we can say that we have seen one of the famous sites of Amarillo.


I have really been enjoying a little break from studying and clinicals and getting to enjoy playing with my family more. It has been wonderful!

2 comments:

Catherine said...

Whoa! You are livin' the life! Such fun! I'm so happy you're getting some time to play. :)

(I absolutely LOVE the spoons in the purse.) :)

Camille said...

Phew! I am so glad you are feeling better and got to enjoy a nice break. You are so much fun! And, can I just tell you, each time I see that adorable picture on your sidebar of Braelynn in her blessing outfit, I laugh my head off. Remember when you told us about the hat... I miss you. sigh.