Sunday, May 27, 2012

Good-bye Texas! We'll miss y'all!

 These past couple of weeks we have been very busy packing, de-junking, etc. and it has been a long and exhausting process. I've realized that it was easier when I was studying and Jake was doing the packing :) We are moving this week and it is with bitter sweetness that we do. We are excited for our new adventures and opportunities that await us in Utah and for the family we will be able to play with there, but Texas has gained a special place in our hearts because of all of the wonderful people that we have met here, especially from our ward at church. There are so many awesome people in our ward and we have come to love them so much. Today was our last Sunday with them and it was sad to say good-bye. I have been serving in the Young Women presidency for a while and have come to love the amazing young women and young women leaders here. I will miss them a lot. Luckily they are coming to help us load our moving truck for their combined activity this week so I will get to see them again and we will greatly appreciate the help :) Hopefully our paths will cross with these amazing people again someday!

In Young Women's they gave me these fun going away presents: A Texas cookie cutter, magnet and mug. They will be great reminders of our good times here in Texas.

Jake and I have been attending the Spanish Sunday School class (all the Spanish speakers here attend our ward) and Jake taught the Marriage and Family class in Spanish and Elders Quorum in Spanish. Today in our class they brought a chocolate and flan cake to eat in honor of us and another nice lady gave us this box of yummy chocolates. They were so sweet. We felt really loved today and that we will be missed.  We will miss them all too!

No comments: