Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mothers Day!


 Happy Mothers Day to all of you amazing and beautiful women out there! My life has been blessed by all of the amazing women in my life...my mom, my mother-in-law, my grandmothers, my sisters-in-law, cousins, my young women leaders and friends, just to name a few. Thank you! 

I wanted to remember some of the cute things that the kids made for me today so I took some pics so that I can always remember (without having to try to keep track of the cute cards and such :) My family made it a special day for me.

This is the amazing, deluxe lasagna that Jake made me for Mothers Day. It was sooooo delicious!
Braelyn brought this home from primary for me. She's on a football kick right now (its one of her favorite things to go outside and do as a family) and she is actually really good at it. She's really fast and she's got great hands. We thought it was funny that playing football came up a couple times on her paper about me :)

Dal gave me this from primary. His card says "Thank you mom. I love you. You are the best mom ever." Gotta love that!

Braelyn gave me these cute little hands that stretch out and say "I love you this much"

This is the "plant" that Braelyn made for me at preschool.

I just had to zoom in on that cute little face on the flower


Dal brought me home this cute little coupon book from school. I had to show a couple of the coupons because they were pretty funny and cute. Note the sad face he has while doing the dishes.

This pic kept importing the wrong direction but also note the sad face while he is making his bed. I already used a coupon yesterday, the vacuum a room coupon and Dal did a great job and he even did it with a smile on his face :)
All of his coupons had sad faces except for this getting the mail coupon and the ones that were for a hug and kiss. What a funny kid!

Both kids also made me some cool lego creations and surprised me with them. It was really funny because while one was working on their creation the other was standing guard at the toy room door to make sure I didn't try to go in there and sneak a peak at their creations :) And it made be hard to tell but Braelyn indeed does have chocolate on her face from "helping" me eat my mothers day treat from church. (A big chocolate, almond and toffee Symphony bar. Yum!)

It has been a Happy Mothers Day indeed and I am grateful for my wonderful kids and for my amazing husband!

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Happy Mother's Day!!

Amy said...

SO cute! I love the frowny faces in the coupon book. Hilarious. And how cute that they stood guard for each other while making lego creations. Way adorable. I bet you were so willing to share your symphony bar, huh? I got a smaller chocolate bar and I really had to contemplate whether I was going to be selfish or not. I finally decided to be unselfish since it was mothers day and all and shared a square of it with each of my children. Such a sacrifice! ha! I'm terrible! ;) I'm glad you had a great Mother's Day!