We have had quite the winter wonderland in Logan with tons of snow. There was so much snow out in our yard that Dal couldn't just run around in it because it was so deep so Jake and I shoveled him a path to run around and push his car and lawn mower on. Dalyn loves playing outside so we are getting excited for nicer weather and Spring! Until then though we will just enjoy the snow.
One of his favorite games was for us to count to three and then jump backwards and land in the snow. Our outdoor adventures have be cut short sometimes because Dalyn doesn't like wearing gloves or a hat so he always takes them off.

I have been tending a little boy named Manuel 2-3 days per week. He is 3 years old and only speaks Spanish (so I have been able to practice up on my Spanish). It's funny though because he speaks to Dalyn in Spanish and Dalyn speaks to him in English and they have started mimicking each other. Dalyn will say some Spanish words and him some English. They have some moments of playing cute together... and other moments that I like to call "Toddler Wars" that drive me crazy. All in all it's been pretty fun.
Dalyn got to go to his first real birthday party. A girl I serve with in Relief Society's son turned three and she had a Sponge Bob themed party. Dal had fun and really enjoyed eating hot dogs and a cupcake. He didn't enjoy as much watching another little kid open lots of fun presents.
On occassion Dalyn will find a quiet moment away from his running and playing to read a book by himself. Most of our story reading together happens at bedtime. We usually get some quality story time in then and he's willing to sit there (probably because he knows that when the stories are done it's time to get in bed...something that he doesn't really like to do)
Dalyn decided that he needed to change his little baby's diaper. So he threw it up on the diaper changing station and put some powder on it, pretended to put some bum cream on it and them tried to put a very huge diaper on it. It was pretty funny. Dalyn keeps us entertained and laughing with some of the funny things he does. We sure do love the kid!
6 comments:
He's so cute Tasha! I remember that Braedon had a friend that only spoke spanish and they did the same thing. It was crazy because it was like they understood each other but they would talk in their own language. Aren't kids amazing!!!!
Hey Tasha! I saw the link to your blog from BreAnne's so I thought I'd stop in. It looks like you have been busy! Congrats on the beautiful family (Dalyn is SOOOO cute) and all you have done so far! I'll keep checking back to see what you guys are up to....
-Jessie Marchesseau
he's adorable! i hope i get to actually meet him someday. :)
So much Snow!
Tasha -
It's paige! (as in from paige and brent jones!!) I found your site off of Clint and Ashlie's and I had to say hi. You little guy is so darling. I remember seeing you in the Denver airport when you were about 6 weeks away from having him! So fun to reconnect. I'm adding you to my blog list if that's ok. Here's ours:
www.the-jonesfam.blogspot.com
Paige
We love the pictures!!! All of them!! You guys look like you have fun all the time!! Dal changing that baby's diaper is hilarious!!!
Post a Comment