Monday, March 24, 2008

A Little Montana Excursion

A few weeks ago Jake had some midterm exams and some big papers and such due (meaning we were hardly going to get to see the poor guy for the week and being the cute distractions that we are was going to make it a little more difficult as well) so we decided that it might be a good time for Dalyn and I to take a little trip to Montana to see the Grandparents and Great-Grandparents. So off we went...Dal loved playing with the dogs...especially Zeby because she is pretty old so she was content to lie there while Dalyn pet her and talked to her.

Dalyn also had a fascination with Kitty (that's her name, creative eh :) although she didn't reciprocate those same feelings of interest. She spent a lot of the week trying to hide from him. But she did let him pet her a couple of times.

I think Dal was trying to show Kitty some cool kind of swan dive thing.

Apparantly Kitty wasn't too impressed

Dalyn enjoying the wide open spaces of Montana.


Another exciting moment while in Montana was Dal decided he liked fresh broccoli and ate a whole bunch of it dipped in ranch dressing. (After we got home I bought him fresh broccoli and he dipped and only sucked the ranch dressing off and didn't really eat any...I guess that was short lived)

Grandpa and Dal had their special banana chairs that they would sit in for movie time. Dal made sure we knew that those chairs were just for him and Grandpa.

They also had some fun playing foosball

Grandma helped Dal get some good close up time with Kitty

A cute big hug!

We also spent time playing with Dal's great-grandma and grandpa, which Dal loved but unfortunately I didn't get any pictures of that. It was a great week in Montana. We played lots, ate good food, my mom and I went and worked out at the YMCA almost every day which was way fun, and Jake got all of his school work done back in Logan. (I think we got the better end of the deal on that one :) Good times!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lucky!! We wish we were there playing . I bet that was so fun!! I'll be so glad when this semester is over then we can have time to play. It looks like you guys had a fun time!!

The Wyler Family said...

sounds like a great trip! it was fun to see pictures of your parents!

Hardin Family said...

How fun to see your parents. I miss your family and it was good to see a little hint of Montana in the background. Dalyn is adoreable, that's all there is to it and it looks like your parents don't mind being grandparents!!

AZ Allreds said...

Can I go to Montana with you next time? It sounds like too much fun. I'm glad to see life is good and that you guys are happy and having fun. Sorry that I haven't been in touch -- but I blame lack of Internet on that, I'm horrible about picking up the phone.

Love Ya,
Sarah

AZ Allreds said...

Hey Tasha,

I need your phone #! Call me or email please. Lots to discuss about our hermanita! =)Sarah

Anonymous said...

I love looking at these pics!!Dalyn is probably the cutest little guy ever!! We miss you guys!!

Tennille said...

Hi Tasha....it's Tennille! You need to check out my blog and now we can maybe keep in touch a little better. Your family looks so great and your little guy is adorable. He looks like a Hilton totally!! Take Care