Sunday, July 27, 2008

We love Summer!

We thought we'd share some of our recent adventures. Dalyn and I have been taking a parent/child swimming class together which has been really fun and he's been excited to go every day. I have started doing some water aerobics in an outdoor pool at night. (It's great looking up at the stars while getting in some good exercise.) I love it and it's an awesome workout. Jogging with my pregnant body just wasn't as fun anymore so I was in search of something new. I highly recommend it- especially the deep water aerobics. (sorry, no pics of that one:)

Another thing that Dalyn loves to do is help out in the kitchen. I got really ambitious about a week ago and decided to make caramel cinnamon roles ( I saw a picture of them in the cook book and had to have them...I soon realized that making them from scratch was a little too time consuming to meet my instant craving for them, but they did turn out really good when they were finally out of the oven and ready to eat. ) Dalyn was a great helper.

Drawing with sidewalk chalk is always fun. Here Jake and Dalyn are drawing some masterpieces together.

We went to the zoo again and this time got to have a presentation by one of the zoo keepers. He showed us a python (which Dalyn wasn't too fond of and I'm not fond of snakes either but still touched it so that Dalyn could see it was okay to touch the snake because the zookeeper had a good hold on it's head:) Maybe touching a snake isn't something you want to encourage your kid to do anyway :)


He also brought out a tortoise for us to see and Dalyn warmed up to that a lot faster than the snake. He loved it. The kids were talking to it and playing with it and running away from it while it was just mozying along. It was cute.


Another fun things was for the 24 th of July we got to go see my friend Coty and spend time with her little family. We went to their local parade and carnival and and the kids had a great time there and playing together. We also watched fireworks and did sparklers. It was just so fun to hang out with such a wonderful friend who I don't get to see as often as I'd like.

Dalyn got a flag at the parade and thought it was pretty cool


Coty's son Leif and Dalyn got to ride on the swings ride at the carnival


Going down the slide into the swimming pool in their underwear in Coty's backyard and having water gun fights with squirt bottles were highlight events for the kids:)


We can't believe how fast the summer is flying by. It's going way too fast, but we're trying to enjoy every last bit of it! :)

4 comments:

Heather said...

hi Tasha! Remember me? I think we used to be roomates or something.:) I found your blog from Ashlie's. I am so excited I found it! I did a little water aerobics when I was pregnant too. Loved it!

The Wyler Family said...

fun times!

Hardin Family said...

Baking Tasha???? I thought we ruined enough baked goods in High School to keep you sworn off the idea! Anyway, powdered sugar still hides most imperfections!!

We love little girls (boys too) and we're very excited for you.

Anonymous said...

Dalyn playing with the turtles is so cute!! You guys look like you are having so much fun!! This makes me so excited to move closer to you guys!! Can't wait! Can't wait!!! In less than a month we'll be in Provo and I'm really excited to move closer to family.