Saturday, November 22, 2008

Baby Update

So time is winding down and we are getting very excited to meet our baby girl. One problem is that she is still breech. I guess she just likes sitting there head up instead of being upside down--makes sense to me :) So the Monday after Thanksgiving, December 1st, we have an external cephalic version scheduled, or in other words my doctor is going to try to manually turn her from the outside. (I know, sounds like fun...yikes, I'm a little nervous. If anyone has ever had that done and has advice, let me know). If it works (there is a better than 50% chance) then she will induce me and we will have our little girl on December 1st. If it doesn't work then she will schedule a c-section for later in that week. Probably either December 4th or 5th. So either way she is coming a little early and we are very nervous and excited on how everything will turn out. Whatever happens we just want her to get here safe and healthy! So please keep us in your prayers.

11 comments:

Monica said...

Thanks for stopping by. Good to hear from you. Good luck with your new baby.

Anonymous said...

Well, I don’t know anyone that’s had an ECV. But I just read a medical article about it and it used the word “gently,” at least, when talking about trying to turn the baby. :) I’ll be praying that all goes well.

P.S. I love your new background!

The Wyler Family said...

wow, i remember hearing about that procedure in my childbirth class. sounds intense. is there a reason why they're doing it all so early? good luck! very exciting to think about having a new little one!

e.brooke said...

I have not ever done the 'turn the baby thing'.

I have had 2 c-sections, and both went great!

Either way I think you will do fabulous and how exciting to see your baby girl!!!

You will have to post some photos asap!

Tennille said...

Good luck Tasha, I'm sure everything will go fine. Can't wait to see pictures of your new little one.

elonna said...

We'll keep you in our prayers. How exciting to have a little girl soon. I am sure you will love it. I would! : )

jessie said...

How exciting! The new baby is just days away....

I hope everything goes smoothly; I'll be anxiously awaiting her first pics!

Amber said...

Hey Tasha! I didn't realize you had a blog - thanks for stopping by mine :) I never had to have my babies turned - but I have done a c-section and I have to say that if you're going to have one then a planned one is the way to go. It's a much easier recovery! By the way, did Camille tell you we aren't meeting tonight? They're leaving for California today.

The Wagner's said...

We'll be watching for baby pics! So excited for you guys. I wish I were that close! Tell Jake hi from good 'ol La Junta!!

Sharlet said...

I'm so glad that you emailed me with your good news. I have loved looking over your posts and seeing how much Dalyn has grown and all that you guys are up to. It has been a while.
Congratulations on the little one. You can check out our blog anytime too. www.thedoxeys.blogspot.com

Sharlet said...
This comment has been removed by the author.