Sunday, November 2, 2008

Fun Fall & Halloween Festivities

Fall here has been so beautiful. I love Fall. We have gone on a lot of walks and I love seeing all of the leaves changing color and walking through them on the sidewalks. Every time Dalyn and I walk through them he says "crunch, crunch, crunch". It seems our past couple weeks have been packed with fun Fall and Halloween festivities.

Chase came up to see us and we went to a corn maze that had a giant stack of hay bales to play on and in. Dalyn loved the hay bale fort but wasn't as fond of the corn maze.
We also went to the annual pumpkin walk, which is a really fun community tradition. People put together displays that fit the yearly them and are made out of pumpkins or a related member of the squash family. This years theme was heroes.
One of my favorites was a Noah's Ark display. The animals were awesome and so cute!

We also went to a Halloween activity at out small local zoo here. Dalyn decided that he wanted to wear his Winnie the Pooh costume again this year. It was a little too small, but a couple other options that may have fit better (a little too big) were "too scary". Maybe next year:)


Dal got to play on some little gymnastics equipment and he even did a rolling back flip with the help of the instructor.


Dal also got to play other games, get a pumpkin painted on his hand and dig through a pile of leaves to find a baseball toy to take home. Good times!


On Halloween we went trick-or-treating at a grocery store, to the downtown businesses and we went to the ward trunk or treat. It was a fun day and Dalyn though it was pretty cool to have so many people give him a piece of candy. I was excited every time I saw something chocolaty going into his pumpkin bucket because he doesn't care much for chocolate and right now I do:)

To finish off Halloween when we got home Dal decided that he wanted to wear around his Tigger costume around the house and he wanted daddy to wear Winnie the Pooh, which he did and I caught a picture of it:)
So there you have it. We have been pretty busy playing, Jake has been really busy with school, and our baby girl has been busy growing. We can't believe how fast time is going and how soon she will be here. Dalyn even dug through our costume bag and found a small one that "baby sister can wear" (next year:)

3 comments:

Ashlie said...

Looks like fun. I think flood Halloween costumes are "in" this year so Dal is good there. ;) I bet fall was gorgeous up there this year. Good luck with the rest of the pregnancy.

AZ Allreds said...

I love the pic of Jake as Pooh...looks like you guys had lots of fun. I hope you're feeling as comfortable as possible...I'm so excited for you getting your ;ittle Princess soon. I can't believe how big Dal is already! Time flies!

e.brooke said...

How cute! Jake makes me laugh!

Your family is adorable!