Thursday, August 19, 2010

Welcome to Texas

Well we made it to Texas and are starting to feel settled in now.

Moving here was our most stressful moving experience yet! The place we were planning on moving to fell through a week before we were supposed to move out so we had to frantically try to find a new place to live. It was such a process and as we were leaving Logan with our moving truck we still weren't sure when we would be able to move into our new apt. By some miracle things fell into place right at the last second and we were able to move in when we got here.
My parents came to Logan to help us move out and then my dad drove our moving truck and trailer here and my parents helped us get moved in. They were so nice and soooo helpful! We could not have done it without them! Some people from the ward here came to help us move our stuff up to our 3rd floor apt, which was very nice of them :)
We like our new apt. It's good sized & has 3 bedrooms (Dal is so excited to have his own bedroom. He has a major toy domain set up in there with all of his block creations :) We have a swimming pool here which the kids have loved (especially since it's pretty toasty warm here) and I am soooo close (like 2 mins) to my school and the cancer center where I will be doing clinicals. That will be nice!
Dal starts Pre-Kindergarten next week and I start Radiation Therapy school. He's pretty excited. I'm excited and nervous. I'm nervous because it's supposed to be a pretty intense program (for 20 months) and with 2 kids and a sick husband will make for a pretty crazy adventure. (Jake's a little nervous too-knowing I will be gone a lot and he will have the kids for long hours at a time, but we are hoping and praying that it will all work out!) I am excited though too because I love learning and I am excited to get out there and work with cancer patients and help them fight their cancer.
I have a couple pics of us here in Texas. When my parents were here we went a little amusement park. The kids loved it.

On this ride we asked Dal if he would make sure Braelyn didn't stand up, so his big brother protective instincts kicked in and he put his little arm around her and kept it there the whole ride. They were so cute! He is such a good big brother.

Grandpa & Dal

The other day we went to the little local zoo. (It's free on Mondays!)
It was fun! The kids enjoyed see all of the animals.

4 comments:

It's Been a Day! said...

God Bless Texas.

Where in Texas are you? We're in austin - but tx is so big it could take a day just to get out of tx! Let us know. We would love to hook up one weekend.

We love Texas. The summer is HOT, but the fall, winter and sprint make up for it!

Camille said...

Good luck! I miss you so much! You will do great at school. Keep smiling and don't forget me!

Amy said...

Tasha! I can't believe the house fell through a week before moving there. What happened? How nice to be two minutes from school, though! You're going to do awesome. You're so amazing! Love you!

Catherine said...

So fun! Hope you post apartment picts soon. Can't wait to see your new home.