Sunday, September 19, 2010

Hey y'all!

Since living here in Texas we have heard the term "y'all" many many times :) One girl I talked to said it about every 3 words. It was pretty funny. Another thing they like to say here is that they are "fixin' to do something" or that they "made an A on their test". One thing that caught me off guard was that at school in addition to saying the regular pledge of allegience they say a pledge of allegience to the Texas flag as well. Who knew.
We have met a lot of really nice people here and we are happy to be in Texas. We are also enjoying the nice warm weather.
Our kids make pretty cute Texans too :)


B-Raes hair is getting longer which makes for some fun bathtime hair dos

I also started clinicals. So here I am my first day of clinicals with my navy blue scrubs. (That's what the students wear) Clinicals is going well. It's been fun to get in there and work with the patients and learn by doing. It's also a little overwhelming to see how much I will have to learn, but I will have plenty of clinical hours to do so.
We also got callings. Jake is the first counselor in the Sunday School Presidency and I am a Sunday School teacher. I teach the juniors and seniors in high school. They are a great bunch and I am really enjoying it. Our ward is super nice too!

3 comments:

Norris Family said...

Is it selfish to say that we miss you guys here in Logan? Looks like "ya all" are adapting well to Texas which I am glad. Im glad that I can keep up with you through your blog and hopefully sooner than later we can catch up in person. Good luck with school!

Amy said...

Such cute pictures! I bet you're loving Texas. I had the best experience there. People treated us amazingly. Southern hospitality, anyone? I love it! B-Rae is getting so big. She's adorable. And as for you, Tasha, you are an amazing super-woman! I'm so impressed. I'm glad you're liking school. :)

Anonymous said...

I had no idea you moved to Texas! Was it a job transfer? I will miss you, not that I don't already! I'm glad that everything is going so well! Are you nurse? Should I say, Hello Nurse!!! lol! Keep us updated, I love to read your blog!