Over the weekend I had time to reflect on the many blessings that I have in my life and how grateful I am for them. To name just a few...
- I am grateful for my Savior Jesus Christ. I am grateful that we have the His restored gospel and that we are blessed enough to be members of His church.
- I am grateful to know the purpose of our lives and what we are ultimately working toward, and that the rest are just details.
- I am grateful to have modern revelation, a living prophet and apostles, and the guidance and direction that we receive from them.
- I am grateful for temples and the peace and Spirit that can be felt there and that through them we can be eternal families.
- I am grateful for an amazing husband who has worked so hard despite a lot of pain to always be there for me and to be the best daddy ever to our two kids.
- I am grateful for my two wonderful children. They are so full of life and energy and are such special spirits. I feel blessed to have them.
- I am grateful for mine and Jake's extended families. We have so many fun and wonderful family members who we wish we got to see more often.
- I am grateful for the opportunity that I have had to further my education and the help that I've been given to do well.
- I am grateful for the scholarships that I've received to help with tuition and gas reimbursement for my clinical travels.
- I am grateful to only have two weeks left for the semester, to get a nice long Christmas break, and then to have only one semester left of Radiation Therapy school.
- I am grateful that after a couple of interviews and and some waiting patiently the Huntsman Cancer Hospital has decided to bring me on as a student to become further specialized as a Medical Dosimetrist. (We are so excited!!!)
- I am grateful for opportunities to serve in the church. I was just released as the nursery leader (woohoo! :) and called to be 2nd counselor in the Young Womens (which I am really excited about!)
- I am grateful to be looking at a cute little Christmas tree with lights with now:) I love Christmas decorations!
I have so many amazing blessings in my life! Tonight Jake and I were reading an article on lds.org about gratitude and I loved some of the quotes so I think I'll share...
“In some quiet way, the expression and feelings of gratitude have a wonderful cleansing or healing nature. Gratitude brings warmth to the giver and the receiver alike,” Elder Robert D. Hales of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles said.
“Gratitude, expressed to our Heavenly Father in prayer for what we have, brings a calming peace,” he said, “a peace which allows us to not canker our souls for what we don’t have. Gratitude brings a peace that helps us overcome the pain of adversity and failure. Gratitude on a daily basis means we express appreciation for what we have now without qualification for what we had in the past or desire in the future.”
3 comments:
Congratulations on all the recent developments!
You're the bomb Tashi, I love you so much!!
I sure am thankful for you guys!! You're wonderful!!!
Post a Comment