Sunday, December 4, 2011

Happy 3rd Birthday Braelyn Rachel!!!

On December 1st Braelyn turned 3. I can't believe my baby is already 3! Luckily I was off from clinic and class that day so we had an awesome day celebrating her birthday. The night before we had put up some streamers and balloons because Braelyn is all about the party atmosphere. When she woke up that morning we told her Happy Birthday. She jumped out of bed and said "Oh I am so excited, I am so excited!" Then when she saw her decorations she got even more excited.
We kicked off the day with taking her to the Donut Stop to eat some donuts. They were delicious :) After we picked up Dal from school we had free tickets to go to the movie theater to see Arthur Christmas. Braelyn is not the best about sitting through movies at theaters so we were a little worried but since it was free we decided to go for it. Luckily we had the entire theater to ourselves. So when she started to lose interest and wasn't super quiet anymore and wanted to walk up and down the aisles-it was okay because the entire theater was ours :) It was a fun movie and we enjoyed it.


Braelyn loved trying to blow up balloons
Ready to head out the door to the movies
Another part of B-Rae's birthday party was some family Wii time. We played Mario Super Sluggers and a game of bowling. She really got into them and she was a really good pitcher on Mario baseball.



Here is a little video clip of us playing Wii (take note of B's awesome spin pitch:)


Braelyn is really into birthday hats so we made sure they were part of the party (some of those blow things too :)

Dal did a great job helping with the birthday cake
Braelyn had fun opening her presents

One of her presents was a really cool & big puzzle we got at Ross. She loves puzzles and I was very impressed with this one. Ross has some great stuff sometimes!
She also loved her birthday cake and blowing out the candles (She chose pizza for her birthday dinner which was really yummy too)

Braely Rae got a new dress and boots for her birthday so she was excited to try them on, and of course we had to do a little photo shoot too :)



I just love that girl so much. She is so cute and funny. She is so thoughtful and concerned about everyone, especially if anyone gets hurt or is sick. She is also so nurturing and loving with her baby and any baby she sees. Whenever she sees a real baby she says "Oh that baby is so cute!" and then she falls to the ground or tips over being overcome with the cuteness :) She also says some of the funniest things sometimes. Like when she doesn't get what she wants, or if I don't do something the ways she wanted me to she says "Mom, it makes me so frusturated when you don't listen to me." It's so funny the way she says it. One of my favorites is when she tells me, or Jake or Dal that we are her best friends and that she loves us so much.
We love you Braelyn and are so grateful that you are part of our family!

2 comments:

Aimee and Mark said...

I can't believe she's already 3!!! That made me realize that my baby will be 3 in a few months too. :( I love all your pics. You guys sure know how to celebrate around your house!

Catherine said...

Whoa baby! Quite the party! :) I can't believe she's 3!!! Such a sweet little princess. We sure love her!