Sunday, January 5, 2014

Christmas 2013

Of course we had to do a little photo shoot in front of the Christmas tree :)
Madelyn's 1st Christmas! I can't believe this sweet baby is already 5 months old. Time has gone by so fast. We have LOVED having a baby around the house again. She is just too cute and too fun for words :)



This was our little make-shift Christmas card that we sent out via email this year. To get our family together included cutting and pasting from 3 different pictures, without having a good photo editing software :)

We had a nice and relaxing Christmas this year. We just stayed at home and it was just our little family. On Christmas Eve we watched the Nativity Bible videos, played a new board game that we opened, watched Mickey's Christmas Carol, sang some Christmas hymns and the kids opened their new pajamas. On Christmas morning we played with Santa presents, ate a yummy waffle with fruit and whip cream breakfast, watched Joy to the World (about the birth of Christ) and then opened presents. Dal was very excited about the new legos and angry birds star wars game set that he got.

Braelyn was very excited about her new doll house and doll family and Lambie from Doc McStuffins. I love the excitement that kids have for Christmas, it makes it so much fun! 2013 was a very eventful and crazy year for us and we were blessed very much. We look forward to 2014 and all of the new adventures that it brings. I am going to copy and paste the email that I sent out giving our family and friends a recap of 2013 so that I have it here too. 

Dear Family & Friends,
We hope you all have a very Merry Christmas and that this new year brings many wonderful blessings your way.
2013 was a very eventful year for our family....
  • I spent most of the year doing clinical hours at the Huntsman Cancer Hospital while completing my Masters degree in Medical Dosimetry. I had an awesome experience there and I loved it!
  • One week after I finished school our sweet baby girl Madelyn Lily was born (August 2nd). She is such a fun and happy baby. Dalyn and Braelyn adore their baby sister and love trying to make her smile and laugh.
  • We bought a new car to better fit our growing family (a 2013 red Nissan Rogue) and we love it!
  • We moved to Rock Springs, WY because I got a job as a Medical Dosimetrist at a new cancer center that is being built there. (In case you are wondering what in the world a medical dosimetrist does: I work with cancer patients who are going to have radiation therapy. I work with a CT scan of the patient and draw in the healthy organs near the tumor so that we can track radiation dose to them and then I design a treatment plan on the computer determining where the radiation will enter the patient at and from how many angles in order to hit the tumor with the right amount of radiation and spare the healthy organs nearby. It is very interesting and challenging and I love it!)
  • We have loved living in a smaller town, the friendly people, my five minute commute to work and we have met some great friends here.
  • They also have a nice college here and Jake is getting things arranged to teach a class or two next Fall. 
  • Dalyn (almost 8) finished up first grade in a Chinese/English dual immersion program in Utah (he loved it!) and then he started 2nd grade in Wyoming (unfortunately they don't have dual language immersion programs here) and he really likes his teacher and has met some nice friends. He has developed a love for reading and continues to love creating with legos and "imaginating" as he likes to call it :) He is excited to get baptized in a couple of weeks.
  • Braelyn (just turned 5) went to preschool in Utah and loved socializing with all of the kids. Here in Wyoming she has been a very good helper to Daddy taking care of Madelyn during the day. She loves to hold Madelyn and likes to sing to her if she is sad :) She is also already very excited to start kindergarten next fall. 
  • Madelyn (almost 5 months old) has brought so much joy to our family. We had forgotten how fun it is to have a baby around. She loves watching her big brother and sister be silly and making her laugh. She has the cutest smile and she has been sleeping through the night since she was two months old, which makes us happy!
We feel very grateful for all of the wonderful blessings we have received this year. We love this time of year to celebrate the birth and life of our Savior Jesus Christ. We love Him and are so grateful for Him.
We wish you all the best and are grateful for the part that you have played in our lives.
Merry Christmas!
Love,
Tasha, Jake, Dalyn, Braelyn & Madelyn

No comments: