| I went into labor around 5:30 in the morning on Friday August 2nd. (Which was my graduation day for my Masters degree in Medical Dosimetry) My contractions started coming 10 minutes apart and they weren't painful so at first I thought they were braxton hicks but when they kept consistently coming and getting closer together I knew we were going to have a baby that day. So I got up and took a shower and did a little cleaning. (We knew Madelyn was going to come any day and we felt like I would have her early. My due date was August 8th. My plan was for that day to be my big cleaning day in preparation for her to come. So I was in a little panic to get more cleaning done before we went to the hospital :) It was funny because Jake woke up and asked what I was doing and I told him that we were going to have a baby today. That woke him up right away. I asked him if he could go vacuum downstairs and he didn't think our neighbors would appreciate us vacuuming that early in the morning. And he thought it was funny that I was more concerned about that than thinking about going to the hospital. We called my sister in law Tiffany (she was our on call person and she is so great :) and she came and stayed with the kids while we went to the hospital. When I got to the hospital they were really skeptical about me actually being in labor. I told them this was my third kid and I knew I was in labor but they made me wait an hour to prove I was progressing before they would admit me and if they didn't feel like I was progressing enough then they said they would send me home. I was thinking "Ya right, I'm not going home." So in that hour I had to wait my contractions started getting really painful and close together. I almost passed out and threw up from the pain so we called the nurse to come back and admit us. I told the nurse that even if she didn't think I was progressing enough I was not going home. She could see I was in a lot of pain so I was finally treated with a little respect and they rushed to get me admitted. I was dilated to a 6 once they got me in and luckily the anesthesiologist was able to come quickly and get me an epidural. Oh how I love epidurals. I told Jake "Epidurals are the best things ever!" :) Things kept progressing and I had her less than two hours later. Things went really smooth. I only had to push twice and she was here. I was so happy and relieved to have her here safe and sound. |
| |
|
1 comment:
oohhh She is soo precious!! My middle has the same birthday!! Congratulations!!
Post a Comment