Sunday, September 15, 2013

2nd Grade, First Smiles, WY

An awesome from the car shot of Dal's school :) He started 2nd grade just a couple days after we moved here. It was a little crazy getting him into a school. The school he is supposed to go to is full as are a couple of the other close ones. We luckily got him into a different close one that was able to squeeze him in. I guess the schools here are busting at the seams, especially with 2nd graders. They are going to be breaking ground on a couple new schools soon to try to keep up with the growth here and all the young families with children that keep moving to town. Our ward has a lot of young families which is kind of cool. And they just redid the boundaries and our ward building now has 4 wards in it! Crazy! They are hoping that a new meetinghouse will be in the plans here in the near future.

Our little 2nd grader. (Note: This isn't what he wore his first day of school. I actually did take the camera to take a nice picture of him in front of his school on the first day of school but we were running a little late because I had to feed Madelyn and we all wanted to go, so we didn't get a photo. So here one is. Better late than never :)

Dal has been known to bust out some poses for the camera. He called this his "action" shot.

This was his "silly" shot. Believe it or not Dal can be a pretty timid kid. His first week of school was really hard because he didn't know anybody and was really missing his friends back in Utah, especially his best friend Jett. I think he was feeling kind of lonely. He is such a good kid at school and he really likes his teacher so I think things will work out. He has started to get to know some kids which is good but being new and making new friends takes time. Not that I know from experience (well, not as a kid. As an adult I have plenty of experience at moving and being "new"). Jake has a lot of experience with moving as a kid though. He knows a little too well what its like. I, on the other hand, lived in the same house all of my growing up years and went to school with all of the same kids. By middle school I was ready to move so that I could meet some new people but it wasn't in the plans. I think that's why going to college was such a breath of fresh air.

And I'm not sure what this pose was but I thought I would include it for posterity's sake.  

Our little cutie pie.

I love tiny little baby feet.

Madelyn has started smiling which is so fun

Love this sweet baby

A little peak outside our door. Almost every afternoon lately we have been having some cool thunder and lightning storms. We have had fun exploring some of the parks around here and getting to know our new town. At one park they have a cool rock and sagebrush frisbee golf course and we discovered that our kids love frisbee golf. Another park has some of tallest tunnel slides that I have ever seen on a park playground. The kids thought those were pretty cool. I also discovered a really cool running path very close to where we live. (It feels good to be able to run again!) I saw two rabbits and four deer while I was running on it. When I run, I run by the middle school football field, which is the nicest middle school football field that I have ever seen. It's made of really nice artificial turf and the track that goes around it is super nice too. I'll have to start taking my camera more places so I can capture the moments of our exploring. That's one of my favorite things about moving to a new place-exploring and getting to know all of the best things that our new place has to offer.

1 comment:

Catherine said...

You've gotta love anywhere that can work rocks and sagebrush into a frisbee golf course. :) I love the picts! I can't believe Dalyn is in second grade. It ripped my heart out to move and watch kids struggle while they adjusted, especially to making new friends. Dalyn is so fun, I'm sure he's already made friends. I hope you all have! Can't wait to see more picts....maybe a tour of your homestead. :) We miss you guys so much! Love you!